Thursday, September 27, 2007

Transformation is like driving with clean spark plugs.

While inviting my friend in London to a seminar Ariel & Shya Kane are holding there in October, I was trying to describe to him what Transformation is and what its benefits have been for me. I came up with this analogy to share:

When I was little, my Mom drove a red 1973 Alfa Romeo GTW Sprint. A Beautiful car… but very high maintenance… There was a problem w/ the fuel injection system, and so every few weeks, one of the cylinders would shut down because the spark plugs would get so dirty. So we had to keep an extra set of plugs in the boot (trunk) & a steel brush. Eventually, we would have to pull over by the side of the road, wait for the engine to cool, yank out the dirty spark plugs, and replace them with the set we had brushed clean. Then we would continue on our way, and WOW, the difference was amaaaazing! It was like driving a totally different car. (Yes, my Mom let me drive at 12; I would sit on her lap & she would work the pedals & tell me when to shift gears. What larks! but I digress…)

As she got more adept at listening to the sound of the engine, she was able to tell when it was time to change the plugs before we left our garage, and thus we were spared having to make the switch on the shoulder of the Long Island Expressway.

Anyhoo, transformation is just like that. -like having all your cylinders working beautifully!

If you will be in London on October 8th or October 13th and want to check out the Kanes' "Living in the Moment" workshops, check out this info.

No comments: