Monday, August 13, 2007

Food

Lunch & dinner are some of my favorite parts of my vacation. Yum! The food at the hotel is quite nice. But nothing quite beats the authentic flavors & home grown ingredients of the local trattorie. Some of my favorites: da Bruno, La Taverna del Leone, da Vincenzo. (Disclosure: I might be biased. I have known Vincenzo since we were children, and he is molto bello.)


I love pasta. I love pasta in the completely visceral sense that I wish I could miniaturize myself & jump into a bowl of fresh penne & pomodoro & roll around, hiding in the little tubes of pasta. I'd slurp my way about & jump up & down just like in one of those inflatable kiddie rides at a street fair. That would be so cool!







Um... I also like chocolate cake. A lot. A lot a lot. Well, chocolate of any kind, really. My ferret, Kiki, used to be able to stand on the rim of a jar of Nutella placed sideways for her and actually stick her whole head into the jar. Lucky Kiki! Um... her own jar. Sure, yes. Not the other one we kept for company, of course not! (Oh gee, I hope I don't start receiving a lot of comments from folks who had Nutella sandwiches at my house back in the day...)

No comments: