Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

For a few Thanksgiving chuckles, check out this very funny video on UTube. It is of a turkey singing a parody of Gloria Gaynor's disco hit, "I will survive." It is quite hysterical and a real crowd pleaser.

I'm very excited to celebrate Thanksgiving at my Mom's house. We will be celebrating with my Aunt Joanna & my cousin Giorgia, who drove up from Maryland. My cousin, Gayleen, her husband, Skippy & their son, Dakota also joined us.

My Mom & Aunt took over the kitchen & sent Giorgia & me out for a walk. I am doubly blessed because one of my favorite family memebers is also one of my dearest friends. Pretty convenient, because it makes family reunion time very warm & fuzzy. I admire Giorgia because she is always true to herself & has her attention on others rather than herself. She is a generous listener and genuinely invests herself in making the world a better place. We had such a wonderful walk & talked about so many things. We discovered a beautiful tree in the neighborhood. The leaves looked on fire and capped a strangely braided trunk.



By the time we got back from our walk, it was tme to set the table and make the salad and other last minute details before the rest of the family arrived. We did not overeat, but enjoyed small portions of varied grub. After dinner, we had a family game of Scrabble. Here is a picture of a portion of our large dinner table.



So what are you grateful for this year? Big or small, what about your life in this moment do you want to celebrate? Is it your health? A loving relationship? Your job? Family? Wonderful friends? Do you have a great vacation planned? Did a child trust you with a secret? Does your favorite pair of pants fit again?

I'm grateful for my supportive family & amazing friends. I'm so happy for the guidance of my life coaches, Ariel & Shya Kane, and the entire Transformational community. My life is very wonderful and it's nice to take a moment and give thanks for that.

No comments: